Further information or advice can be found on the following websites:


GOV.UK provides a wide source for information and online services. You can also find contact information for your local Councils.

GOV.UK uses a search facility to find information quickly – simply go to and search for the area you are looking for.

Government Departments are being relocated to ‘Inside Government’ on GOV.UK and you can find the following on the links below:

Department of Communities and Local Government (CLG)

Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC): 

Department of Work and Pensions (DWP):

Links on the Government portal:

Universal Credit

Benefit Cap Calculator

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) checker

Free Home Fire Safety Checks

Home fire safety checks are available from your local fire and rescue service. To find your local fire and rescue service go to

To report a crime or to give information about a crime anonymously: 0800 555 111 or use anonymously online at

Student Crime Reduction advice
West Midlands Police Safer Students website.

Security Testing Standards – Secured by Design

This website lists approved companies and products. ‘Secured by Design’ (SBD) is a Police initiative to encourage the building industry to adopt crime prevention measures in development design to assist in reducing the opportunity for crime and the fear of crime, creating a safer and more secure environment.

Sold Secure

Thatcham work with manufacturers to improve and test security and safety designs

Immobilise Property Register
To register your property on the national property database, go to:

Safer Parking Awards

This is an initiative of the Association of Chief Police Officers aimed at reducing crime and the fear of crime in parking areas.

The Money Advice Service

Citizens Advice Bureau

Neighbourhood Watch

Illegal Money Lending Team
If you or anyone you know has been stranded by a loan shark you are not alone in this fight. The Illegal Money Lending Team is dedicated to helping you. Get a ticket off the island by contacting the team anonymously now.

Call the 24/7 confidential hotline: 0300 555 2222
Text ‘loan shark + your message’ to 600003
Private message on:

Energy Efficiency

EPC Register

Green Deal
For further information search for ‘Green Deal’ on the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) website:

Utility Companies and Consumer Advice

Trading Standards

UK Water companies

Gas Safe Register (Registered gas engineers)

Health and Safety Executive Gas Safety Advice

Educational resources from the Gas Safe Charity

Tenancy Deposit Protection Schemes

The Deposit Protection Service

Tenancy Deposit Solutions Ltd

The Dispute Service

Letting Agent – Property Redress Schemes

From the 1st October 2014, all Letting Agents must be members of a Property Redress Scheme which gives landlords and tenants a cost free method of taking action against an Agent if they are dissatisfied with their services.

The three Government Scheme are:

More information is available on the Government portal GOV.UK

Professional Associations

The Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA)

National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA)

Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)

The National Approved Letting Scheme (NALS)

Midland Landlord Accreditation Scheme (MLAS)

North and Central Staffordshire Landlord Accreditation Scheme